Tuesday, May 09, 2006

this image is copyrighted. do not reproduce without permission.
flattery (24" X 20"), may 2006

based on the photograph to paint (see march 24, 206 entry for the actual photograph), this is my first painting. it is a mish-mash of water color, ink and some kid's 3-D goop. i added the koi because i did not want to overclutter the painting with the reflection of the roof of the sf conservatory (which is quite visible on the surface of the water in the actual photograph).
i really liked painting this and am now embarking on a few more canvas paintings of my images. flattery gets its name from the adage "imitation is the highest form of flattery" as i was inspired to take the original photo because of one that my friend cuddles had taken and sent to me electronically. her photo was so breathtaking that i had to snap a version of my own. one thing led to another and now my first painting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: